Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Reflections on Week 1

I must say Week 1 has had its ups and downs. First of all, it has been an emotional week, making it even harder to stay motivated, but also a necessary week to move on with my life. Medifast is part of it now. One of the biggest changes is how fast I eat. You know a MF bar is only about 4 inches long. I have one every day for breakfast- caramel crunch or oatmeal raisin this week. I have discovered eating them really slow makes me think I have eaten more.I also eat them in tiny bites, this makes it take longer also. I probably take the whole 15 minutes I go to work (driving) to eat one.  I enjoy it more. I do this with the shakes as well, maybe taking 20-30 minutes to drink one. This has carried over into my L&G meal at night, I noticed it at O'Charley's last night (NO I DIDN'T EAT A ROLL). This has been a positive thing for me.

Medifast is so easy for me because the packets are convenient. There are some foods I don't like so far but hell I paid for them I am using them. I SOOOOO enjoy my L&G meal because its the one meal that I cook and get to eat. It has been hard being a culinary teacher and the students want me to taste this or that and tell them how to fix it. I just told them I can't and they need to play with the food and figure it out. It's worked so far. I resisted the chocolate mousse tower earlier this week.

I have pretty much eliminated caffeine. Every once in a while I have a diet coke but not even daily. I was drinking 2-3 diet and regular cokes a day before. I am trying to drink as much water as possible but at least 64 oz a day. Some days its harder than others. I think and hope I am over the caffeine/sugar withdrawals now.

Week 2 started today. I am not going to be posting a daily update under the weeks probably now. Just random posts but will post results under week headings (week 2,week 3, etc). Thanks for reading my blog. It really makes me more accountable for people to join as a follower so that I know who is reading and if you want to leave me a comment that is even better.

OH I almost forgot week 1 total weight loss was 15.5 pounds.


1 comment:

  1. I am. Following you and am so proud. You are taking this seriously. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete