Saturday, July 26, 2014

Can you be disappointed yet encouraged?

Well sadly I didn't lose any weight this week. At first I just cried for a minute because I had to get past the frustration. I knew I wasn't going to lose bc I had gained this week even with all the exercise and following the plan. I did lose inches (1 in waist, 1/2 in thigh, 1/2 neck and 1/2 in arms) which made me realize the exercise is working. 

After talking to Cassie (Extreme Weightloss) and Jenny (new friend) I felt better. Cassie told me to watch my sodium and that I was probably retaining water. She suggested monitoring my portions (I'm pretty good at that) and to stick with it. So I went back to My Fitness Pal and I was in over in sodium almost daily last week in comparison to the precious week. The culprit. Cheese and roast beef it seems. I had those several days this week! 

So then I talked to Jenny and we came up with goals for the week. We are focusing on 

1.  Correct portioning of food. 
2. Getting half of our body weight in water. 
3.  Eating more veggies daily. 
4.  Logging our meals
5.  Watching our sodium Intake. 

I feel so much better after talking to them. I know I lost in measurements but I worked really hard exercising five days this week an hour each day and not going over my calories. I still felt I should have lost weight regardless bc of that. 

So in trying not to lose focus I have just redirected. Work starts back on Monday and I already have my lunch box with portion control containers for it. I don't think it will be hard at all. 

Today I am very thankful for Jenny and Cassie's help!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment